Land ideal for Igloo or Camp€500,000
- Listing type: For Sale
- Bedrooms 1
- Bathrooms 1
- Plot Size 25000
- Living Area 35
- Terrace yes
- Property type: Land, Special Projects
- Parking yes
- Built In 2010
Farm Land with Great Potential in Sitia Geopark
• This land sets in a popular area (Vai beach in 10 min drive) with thousand visitors in summer time
• Combine hotel services, farming, community by developing a hotel or cottages, or camping/caravan site. Also ideal to build 6 large houses.
• Wake up each morning to inspiring sunrises in the East Crete and drift off to sleep each night with the tranquil sounds of nature.
• Bird watching Eleanor’s Falcons, their nests are in close distance from this land
• Hike through unspoilt landscapes; lungs full of fresh air; Sitia Geopark at your doorstep.
• There is not any caravan or camping site in the area.
At the far eastern side of Crete island
10min drive from tropical Vai Palm forest beach,
5 min drive from Palekastro village
10-15 min from numerous sandy beaches
10 min from Sitia town/airport/harbor.
25.000m2 olive grove
Slightly slope and a hill side part with great sea views.
Facing 250m the national road
450 olive trees cover the 20.000m2 the rest is just earth
Cottage 35m2 – two rooms+toilet. A farm house recently renovated with basic equipment.
private well offering 7m3 water/hour.
Planning permission pre-approval for building up to 2.200m2 in case of developing a hotel
1200m2 of independent villas if used as residential
Private water well approval
It meets the standards for developing caravan/camping area
• In the heart of EU Natura 2000, East Crete, Lassithi Province, protected for the unique fauna found in this area.
The Nature Park Sitia was declared as a European and Global Geopark
Eastern Crete, and especially the area of Sitia, is one of the most important and environmentally unique areas of Crete. Its geographical position on the eastern edge of the island, which allowed for the exchange of species with Asia Minor, in combination with the intense dry and hot climate of the area, created a mosaic of habitats and ecosystems, some of which, such as the Palm Forest of Vai, are unique in the Mediterranean. (Text from the Sitia – Geopark). http://www.sitia-geopark.gr/en.aspx
Watch this video to have an idea about the beautiful Sitia area.
Watch drone footage here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBvgkDBCEPk